For the articles to be sent to The International Journal of Afro-Eurasian Research (IJAR), the authors are required to adhere to the following principles and rules. The articles which are not prepared in accordance with the principles and rules stated above may not be taken in the assessment process or may be excluded from assessment at any stage of this process.
1. Papers should be prepared with “Office Word” program and A4 format.
2. The length of the paper should not exceed 25 pages in journal format.
3. Page layout should be left: 2,5 cm, right: 2,5 cm, up: 2,5 cm, and bottom: 2,5 cm.
4. Articles should be written with font type of "Times New Roman", in 12 font size and with "single" spacing. There should be one space after points and commas.
5. Paragraphs should be without an initial indent, 6 nk spaces should be left between the paragraphs. No extra blank lines between the paragraphs.
6. The title should be written in Turkish and English with 14 font size, Turkish and English abstracts should contain no more than at least 200 words, at most 300 words with 11 font size, and include 3 to 5 keywords in Turkish and English.
7. The name, surname, and title of the author(s) should be written with 12 font size, under the title and right aligned. The name of institution and e-mail address of the author(s) should be written with font size 10 in the footnote.
8. Please add from two or three JEL codes under keywords.
9. The headings and subheadings should be appeared in 12 font size, bold and left justified (unindented) and also numbered as 1. 1.1., 1.1.1., 1.1.2., 188.8.131.52. The headings should be capitalized and subheadings should appear in lower case (initial word capitalized). The headings should be partitioned no more than 4 levels. There should be one blank line before the subheadings; no blank line should be given after the subheadings. There should be no blank line before and after the subheadings.
10. All the tables, figures and graphics in the paper should be cited in numerical order and center aligned. Each table, figures, and graphics should be given a title. Table title should be placed above the table, figure, and graphics, with 10 pt, centered aligned, and only initial letters capitalized. Table, figure and graphic text should be no smaller than 9 pt and no larger than 11 pt. All tables, figures, and graphics should be clear and can be easily readable and also compatible with the page layout. Example: Table 1:.......... , Graphic 3:............. , Figure 4:...............
11. References should be made with conjunction method inside the text. Explanation notes should be under the page as footnote with 10 pt. References inside the text should be like surname of the author(s), year of the source, and page number. If there isn’t the name of the author then institution name should be given instead of author’s name. Example:
· Works by a single author: (Arıdemir, 2017:70)
· Works by two authors: (Arıdemir ve Gökçe, 2016:22)
· Works by multiple authors: (Arıdemir vd., 2016:35).
· Citing more than one sources: (Derjaj, 1948:96; Sayılov, 2015:69)
· Citing the whole source: (Drucker, 1995)
· Citing the publications without the name of the author: (TÜİK, 2016:45)
12. If the reference is taken from a website and the author is known, reference should be made like periodic publications. If the date of the downloaded source is not given, access date should be used. If the date of the downloaded source is not given, date of access should be used. Also if no publisher name is available, use the name of website and data of access. For example;
· If the author’s name and publication year is known: (Elif, 2012)
· If the author’s name and publication year is not known:(SPK, 2017)
13. If you are citing more than one work by the same author in the same year, put the letters a, b, c next to the year. Example;
· Arıdemir (2016a), Arıdemir (2016b).
14. All the sources that are cited in the text must appear in the reference page. All sources used in the text should be ordered alphabetically by author last name. Order the works from the same author by publication date (Newest to oldest). Bibliography indentation should be set (Pendant – 1 cm). The reference page should be prepared according to the example shown below:
EROL, E. (2008). Stratejik Yönetim ve İşletme Politikası, Beta Basım Yayım, İstanbul.
ACAR, D. and TETİK, N. (2008). Genel Muhasebe, Detay Yayıncılık, Ankara.
DEMİR, Y., ÖZDEMİR, O. and EREN, İ. (2008). Küçük ve Orta Ölçekli İşletmelerde Finansal Yönetim Uygulamaları, Asil Yayın, Ankara.
- Translated Books
DRUCKER, P. (1994). Kapitalist Ötesi Toplum, (Çev.) ÇORAKÇI, B., İnkilap Kitabevi, İstanbul.
- Edited Books
OKÇU, M., AKTEL, M. and KERMAN, U. (2007). “İki Süreci Anlamak: Kamu Yönetiminde Küreselleşme ve 'Avrupalılaşma'”, (Ed.) YILMAZ, A. and BOZKURT, Y., Küresel Esintiler ve Yerel Etkiler Sarmalında Türk Kamu Yönetimi, Gazi Kitabevi, Ankara.
- Book with no Author
DPT (2003). İllerin ve Bölgelerin Sosyo-Ekonomik Gelişmişlik Sıralaması Araştırması (2003), Yayın No: DPT 2671, Ankara.
YAVUZ, A., ALBENİ, M. and KAYA, D.G. (2009). “Ulusal İnovasyon Politikaları ve Kamu Harcamaları: Çeşitli Ülkeler Üzerine Bir Karşılaştırma”, Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi, 14(4): 65-90.
GÖKÇE, D. (1997). “Merkez Bankasının Bağımsızlığı Sorunu”, Milliyet, 15 Mart.
ÖZKUL, G. (2008). Girişimcilik Teorileri ve Girişimci Tipleri: Antalya-Burdur-Isparta İllerinde (İBBS Düzey 2 TR61 Bölgesinde) İmalat Sanayi KOBİ'lerindeki Girişimciler Üzerine Bir İnceleme, Yüksek Lisans Tezi, Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Isparta.
- Internet-Based Sources
(iii) If the authors of the sources are known, it should be given as periodic publications. In addition to this, the web address of the source should be given. If the date of the source is not known, then date of access should be given both in the text and the reference page.Example;
ENER, N. (2002). “Yeni Yükselen Pazarlar (Emerging Markets) İçin Pazarlama Stratejileri”, http://iktisat.uludag.edu.tr/dergi/11/02-neriman/02-neriman.htm, 10.05.2005.
(iv) If the source belongs to an institution instead of an author, there should be the name of the institution, the title of the source and complete web address in the bibliography. Example:
REKABET KURUMU (2010). “Rekabet Hukukunun Esasları”, http://www.rekabet.gov.tr/index.php?Sayfa=sayfaicerik&icId=53, 17.03.2010.
15. For the cases not mentioned in spelling, scientific publication rules will be taken into consideration.
16. The articles that do not comply with these principles will be returned to the author back for reorganization and then will be assessed following to the necessary corrections.